The State Department of Education recently recalculated our grade from a “D” to a “C”–let our student’s achievements speak for the school!
In the 2011-2012 School year, our high school graduation rate was above the state graduation rate of 88.6% . We are proud of our 95.2% graduation rate and we hope that you will be a part of the 100% graduation rate we expect next year!
We are proud of our ISTEP scores! And we have made several huge academic changes that will lead to significant improvements in our ISTEP scores this year.
In the past year:
- We have a 93% pass rate on our IREAD-3 test scores, which is higher than the state.
- We have had an 80% passing rate on our Math ISTEP scores.
- We have had a 75% passing rate on our English ISTEP scores.
- 80% of our students took the SAT.
- 90% of our students took the ACT.
- Our combined Free and Reduced Lunch percentage of students is: 87%
- 98% of our students are of Black/African American descent, the remaining 2% are multi-racial/Spanish speaking.
We don’t allow where students come from to determine where they will GO in LIFE.
We set our students up for Success. Students at our school produce A level work and go on to be successful in college and the workforce.
We serve all students. We do not turn students away for any reason—we find a way to meet student needs, and we are proud to do so.